Do you know dyeing stuff can be extracted from fruits or flowers? You may surprise that the colors are completely different from original plants. Here’s a list of colors and that the plant came from:
- Blue:indigo, red cabbage, red mulberries, blueberries, purple grapes,
- Brown:oak bark, walnut hulls, tea, coffee,
- Green:spinach, peppermint leaves, lilacs, plantain, peach leaves
- Orange:carrots, gold lichen, onion skins
- Pink:berries, cherries, avocado
- Yellow:marigolds, sunflower petals, barberry roots, yellowroot roots, yellow dock roots
Actually, there still have a lot of natural dyes. We should thank our earth provide us not only food, but colorful world!